1. Collection of Personal Information from Site Users
Transactis may collect and/or track: (1) the home server domain names, e-mail addresses, type of computer, and type of Web browser of visitors to the Site; (2) the e-mail addresses of visitors who communicate with Transactis or the Site via e-mail; (3) information knowingly provided by the visitor in online forms, registration forms and surveys, (including name, address, e-mail and other personal profile data); and (4) aggregate and user-specific information regarding page views.
Transactis may place Internet “cookies” on visitors’ hard drives. Internet cookies save data about individual visitors, such as the visitor’s name, password, user-name, screen preferences, the pages of a site viewed by the visitor, and the advertisements viewed or clicked by the visitor. When the visitor revisits the Site, Transactis may recognize the visitor by the Internet cookie and customize the visitor’s experience accordingly. Visitors may decline Internet cookies, if any, by using the appropriate feature of their Web client software, if available; however, this may impair certain features of the Site.
When a visitor performs a search within the Site, Transactis may record information identifying the visitor or linking the visitor to the search performed. Transactis may also record limited information associated with every search request made by the visitor and use that information to, among other things, solve technical problems with the service and to calculate overall usage statistics.
2. Use of Personal Data Collected
Transactis may use personally identifiable information in a number of ways, such as:
– To communicate with you about your account, or to communicate information about the Site.
– To build higher-quality, more useful services, such as by analyzing usage trends, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the Site.
– To provide you with prompt and effective customer service.
– To support the operation of the Site (such as account maintenance and record-keeping), troubleshoot problems, resolve disputes, and to enforce our Terms and Conditions.
3. Disclosure of Personal Data Collected
Transactis may disclose personally identifiable information about you to Third Parties as follows with your consent:
– To Transactis’s agents and advisors (such as our accountants or attorneys). We only disclose the personal information necessary for them to provide their services to you or to us, and only under strict confidentiality restrictions.
– As Transactis believes necessary to: (a) comply with law (including court and government orders, and civil subpoenas); (b) enforce or apply Transactis’s Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or (c) protect the rights, property, or safety of Transactis, our officers, directors, employees, members, web site users, or others.
– If you partake (or we reasonably suspect that you are partaking) in any illegal or potentially illegal activity. We may disclose personal information even without a subpoena, warrant, or other court order, to the extent we feel is necessary to inform and cooperate with law enforcement agencies or other appropriate authorities.
– In aggregated form, i.e., information about multiple users collectively without identifying any individual user, such as the total number of visitors to a particular section in a given week.
4. Collection of Personal Data from Children
To the extent that Transactis is able to determine the age of users by their submissions to, or communications with, the Site, Transactis will not knowingly (a) collect or post information from individuals under thirteen years of age (“Children” or “Child”) without their parent’s or guardian’s consent, or (b) provide any personally identifying information collected from Children, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever.
5. Security Measures
Transactis has implemented numerous security features to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information. In particular, when a visitor provides information through the Site, Transactis offers the visitor the ability to use a secure server. The secure server encrypts all information a visitor inputs before it is sent to Transactis, and is also used to store personal information securely.
6. Third Party Web Sites
7. Opt-Out Right
Visitors may opt-out of having their personal information collected by Transactis, used by Transactis for secondary purposes, or used by Transactis to send promotional correspondence to the visitor, by contacting Transactis via email.
8. Transactis’s Right to Contact Visitor
9. Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Data
Upon request via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone (during regular business hours), Transactis will provide to visitors a summary of any personally identifiable information retained by Transactis regarding the visitor. Visitors may modify, correct, change or update personally identifiable information that Transactis has collected through the Site or may cause their personal record to be removed from Transactis’s database by contacting Transactis via postal mail, e-mail, or the telephone number indicated below.